Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Struggle Bus

The Readings have been riding the struggle bus for the past week! On Monday I decided to start my annual spring cleaning efforts and they came to a screeching halt when Luca started throwing up in the middle of the night on Tuesday. The norovirus struck and it. was. bad.


We took care of him and did our best to quarantine each child and disinfect and then disinfect some more! When he got better we took him to the store to get a new toy. I know...rediculous...but it was that bad haha. We felt so bad for him!

 Olli camped out in my room for a couple days and Ella stayed in her room when she was at home. We did a pretty good job except for Milo. You just can't contain the beast.



By Thursday we were starting to think maybe the rest of us had escaped it. But then Milo woke up from his nap throwing up. My face b/c I know it's coming for me. We then just started hoping that the grown ups didn't get it and if we did that it wasn't at the same time!

That was wishful thinking. A couple hours later I started in. Then a couple hours later Mike started in. And in the middle of the night it hit Ella. Both parents and half the kids were suuuuuuuper sick. It wasn't fun. None of us had ever been that sick in our life let alone all at the same time! We spent the rest of the week recovering and cleaning and cleaning some more.

I have to say...other than Olli who didn't get it...Milo had the mildest case. He truly is a mighty man. Nothing can hold him down!



Luca said the worst part of being sick was not being able to hug or kiss Olli. I love his tender heart.

We have all been fever and symptom free for over 3 days now so I think Olli has officially dodged the bullet. She stayed strong thanks to all of those wonderful immunities from that breast milk!

Moving on! This week I'm resuming my Spring cleaning extravaganza and this little beauty is cutting two bottom teeth :( One has come through and she is working on the other! Even so...she is a happy happy girl. And so fancy. You already know ;)





The last few pictures of that adorable gummy grin!

And Puddles, the newest family member, is still rocking it. He's a champ!

No comments: