Monday, August 10, 2015

Bumpdate and Reptiles

Well we are 30 weeks along with our little miss olli mae...10 weeks to go! We are on the final countdown. It still feels a little surreal but I know she will be here soon and very soon. She's definitely not as active as the others and I'm feeling like she's going to be on the small side as well. We go in for a growth scan in 2 weeks and I'm so excited to see her again! My mom will be here on Saturday for TEN WHOLE DAYS!!! We are going to put the final touches on the nursery and then I will be 80% ready :) As for pregnancy, I've been experiencing migraines and still get pukey a lot of the days. The twinges and back pain and sore ankles are just starting to set in. I am SO TIRED this pregnancy...I never got that 2nd tri burst of energy! I haven't felt the best this time around but overall I am the most relaxed this time. I really feel like I know this was always meant to be and this girl just makes me feel so complete. She's not a hard kicker, but this is definitely happening... :)
As for the reptiles. Sunday morning I showed up to a birthday party with Luca. It was a breezy 70 something, sunshine, crisp air, fried chicken and full bbq lunch, a comfy chair under a tree and ONE big kid to keep track of. Winning!
Well, I thought I was winning...until the reptile man showed up. He was busy putting his baby croc to sleep and snuggling with him...
 while I was busy keeping my eye on the cracked plastic tubs that were repaired WITH TAPE as one of them go wild making the whole cart shake with loud thumping. It was like a cruel game of guess what's in the box =0
 After the show, I breathed a sigh of relief and then he said it was time to PLAY with the animals. I thought, "ok, the lizards, the turtle and probably a tiny snake. Wrong. At this point I realized I was losing! Losing miserably. I thought to myself, "I'd rather be preaching! Lucky Mike!"

Every 5 year old boy's dream! Look at that face!
 As you can see, as the pictures go on, I began to loosen up a little. I figured if...
 1. the crocodile fell asleep on my little boy...
and 2. I allowed my little boy to hold it in the first place...
that 3...it was probably an ok thing for me to try...
and 4. if there was ever a time to get to do this it was now. Seize the day! 
Ha! Parent of the year...having your small child hold the dangerous animal before you do to make sure it's safe ;) 
And I really wanted a pic of Olli and the croc for her baby book :) What possessed me? Maybe because it was a baby...my motherly instincts took over. 
But you can see the hesitation on my face increasing when I got the pic snapped and was ready to give him back...realizing the reptile man had WALKED AWAY! Its like when you think something is on you and you want to brush your arm. I was fighting everything in my body not to throw him down and run as I patiently waited for his keeper to come back!!!
 
And there was only so much I could do with Luca. Who knows how many times I said, "DON'T SQUEEZE THE SNAKE!" 
I finally asked myself, "what would Daddy do"...(one of the very few times I've asked myself that in a moment of safe judgement haha)...and I just decided to let him be a boy, trust the reptile man and walk away and practice my breathing exercises for birth when I started to feel a little panicky!


 Giddy-Up!!!

video
 All boy. The snakes were his favorite. Oy. 

video
 After our reptile extravaganza, Ella and I went on a double playdate for the rest of the afternoon because her friend's mama just happens to be my friend too! It was a fun filled weekend but it was so nice to be out and about in the land of the living after feeling so yucky last week. 
 This morning, I woke up just like this and kicked of another busy week of summer fun!







No comments: