Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What's in a name?

Olli Mae Reading
{22 weeks}



Olli Mae is her name! Mike came up with Olli. It stems from olive branch which is a symbol of peace. I loved the name Olive but Mike said it was too "hippy" ;) He came up with Olli and I liked it! It was set in stone when he told me he just really felt like he needed a little ollipop.
Mae is her middle name. Mae is my grandmother's, her great-grandmother's, middle name. She is one of the kindest, strongest, godliest, loving and most beautiful women I know. She is one of the most significant people in my life and it's an honor to name my daughter after her. 
Reading, well, she just inherited that one ;) But I'm sure this means she will be ornery, funny, charming and sweet to the core.
This looks like a very successful ultrasound, but it was actually another difficult one! Last times was so snuggled in we couldn't see her face so this was a repeat. Once again, she was snuggled down very low and while she moved and kicked the whole time, she kept her face buried deep and hands over her face as well. She was completely folded up and totally fine just to hang out. I think she will be a snuggly girl :) This was the 2nd ultrasound tech to ask us if any of our other baby's were this stubborn and have joked about her being difficult haha. Just what we need! However, I think she's just super chill and content no matter who is prodding away trying to get her out of her comfy spot :)

So after jumping jacks, tilting my feet over my head, stretching, positions, and many cups of cold beverages, she turned for a couple minutes...just long enough to capture these shots and confirm that she does indeed have a nose and lips! We also found her sucking her thumb...just like her big sister :) She's had her hands on her face or in her mouth every single ultrasound. It's fun to get to know them before they are even born!
Look at that cute little nose!
 just talking away!
 still playing with her hands :)







No comments: