Sunday, October 26, 2014

What a weekend!

Fall festivals, soccer games, end of season party, Greenwood Ave. trick or treating...I'm tired just typing that out! The kids had a blast, Milo hung in as long as we could and today Mike and I sent our kids home with friends from church to go trick or treat more businesses today because, well, we were just too tired to go :) What a festive city we live in! So now, we are recouping on the couch, Milo is catching up on his nap and I'm listening to the pitter patter of the Seattle rain on my window and catching up on the ole blog. We were supposed to go to Swansons today to enjoy their fun little festival with hayrides, corn mazes and making cars to race from gords (sounds fun right?!?) but it's raining and I have to save some gogo juice for the real halloween just days away! Maybe next year. There is just so much to do here, especially in our neighborhood, you could easily run yourself into the ground just trying to have a little fun! So back to this weekend... 
we went to the Whittier fall festival (Ella's school)! We played some games and partied hard. I've been S-L-A-V-I-N-G over the kids Halloween costumes this year and got them done just in time (like an hour before the carnival). I was so excited to get them all dressed up together! It's Milo's first Halloween and I really wanted my crew to match. I always joke that "the circus has arrived" whenever we show up somewhere. That's seriously what it feels like sometimes haha. And then I came across this vintage little baby clown bear costume for Milo so we went with the circus theme. Not just any circus...vintage of course :) Milo was the bear clown, Luca was strongman (of course!) and Ella was a ring mistress! I had Ella at glitter, make up and tutu...she didn't need any more information :) And Pippa of course was her elephant! I was reading up on the ring master/mistress trying to get inspiration (and searching etsy of course) and it always noted that they dressed fancy and were in charge of the show...then I knew it would be perfect for my girl!


The Whittier fall festival was tons of fun complete with games...
 glow rooms...
girlfriends...

 little brother friends...
 and it's always a party with DJ Lance Rock ;)



 On Saturday, we had a phone date with my newest obsession, Olivia Sage!!!! (and Amy & Hersson too of course). I CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on this baby. (and hug Amy & Hersson too of course) ;) This little baby has been on my heart for so long that I feel like I already know her and we've never officially met. I just miss this crazy bunch so much...
 Later that day, Ella had her last soccer game of the season! It's bittersweet for sure. I sure do love soccer and her team and all the events, but at the same time, it's a huge commitment and the weather is getting all "Seattleish" and yuck so it's time...time to slooooooooow down and stay in a little more. Ella was fierce (as always) but seriously aggressive in all the right ways. I was so proud of her! My little soccer star...who'da thunk it? Must be from her Daddy :)
Ella and Sylvia...kinder buddies!!! They aren't in the same class this year but so happy they get to play soccer together!

Last team huddle with this team. We've loved it so much! Next year the ladies and gents will be separate. GOOOOOO JACKRABBITS!
Baby dude watching sissy...

 this face...so cute and so sad. MJude has a cold and his eyes are puffy and red.
 after the soccer game, we had our end of season party at Razzi's on Greenwood Ave. It just so happens that it was the same day as Greenwood's trick or treat! So we partied with the team at Razzi's and then threw on some superhero capes to start our candy collection :)
 Most of the kids have played together for a couple/few years now so I thought it was so sweet when they all sat at their own table together away from the parents...gotta love kid community. 
 high-five coach! Miss E getting her trophy :)





And as I'm just about to wrap up this post, these pictures arrive of our lovelies out having more holiday fun with their friends...
 They went home with their friends from church and put together their own costumes from whatever they could find. Of course, Ella was decked out to the max! Gloves and all!
and Luca was a magician turned pirate :)

Time to nap before the biggens get back!

No comments: