Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Happenings

It's Halloween week and I'm certain my kids are trying to kill me!!! hahaha. I'm just kidding. Kind of. There has been an abundance of fun and adventure around here this week. I needed a little reprieve from all the chaos so Emily and I skipped town for IKEA on Tuesday and then I had Jenny over Wednesday morning for a grown-up playdate. We watched Hocus Pocus like most, drank coffee and vegged.  Hey, while the kids are away, the moms will play! What did you think I did all day anyway ;) 
Last night I went to dinner with these lovely women from community group. It was nice for the girls to get to go out and spend some time together apart from the hubbies and kids. In fact, we had SO much fun and were so lost in coversation that we sat at our dinner table until 10 pm which is way later than any one of us has stayed awake in quite some time...I'm sure of it :)
On the way home, I got a text from Mike that Bosephus had tripped and busted his head open of the coffee table! It had happened earlier in the night but Mike wanted to let me finish dinner hahaha. (now before you think we are horrible parents...we only have 1 car, I had just left, he stopped crying quickly and was happy, it only needed staples bc head wounds are bloody and hard to close, but he himself was totally fine) Man we have chilled out a lot in the parenting department ;) So on the way home I got the news. Luca was in bed. I rolled in, Mike brought him out to the car and off to the ER we went. 
 He was so brave. And if I'm being honest, I'm actually shocked (but pleasantly surprised) it took him 4 years to make it to the ER with all of his little "adventures" :-) I guess I've done a good job chasing him around to protect him haha. We got 2 staples and were home an hour later. 

On Thursday, we headed over to the Skeel's Spooky house for a little first grade fun Halloween party!
 The haunted hallway...



 pumpkin carving...






my friend Autumn!










Today, some of the Pre-K friends from Little Feats met up at Swansons for a little pumpkin fun since they don't have school on Friday. Luca's strong man costume is just a little skimpy ;) and today has been cold and rainy...so spiderman costume to the rescue!
Luca and his bestie "Wiwyam"aka William :)


Pumpkin Planting!

and off to trick or treat tonight! Happy Halloween to all!
And starting tomorrow, November 1st, the most wonderful time of the year =D

No comments: