Saturday, September 6, 2014

seasons

The seasons are shifting yet again and a brand new school year stands before us! I don't know about you but as a former teacher and mom of 3 I think of the year in terms of when school begins :) So here we are with so much ahead of us. We lived up our lazy summer days and are ready to take the world on again for another great year. This summer was amazing and filled me with so much excitement, joy and hope of what our life here will look like in the long term. The move to Seattle was such a scary experience that turned out to be a difficult adjustment. So much thankfulness and excitement combined with fear, loneliness and SHOCK. I had peace all along...but honestly I wasn't sure if I was going to make it! It was really good for me to repeat a season to see where I was last year and how far we've come in just 1 year. If that much change can take place in 1 year then I'm confident that with a little more time and experience here, I will not just call it home but I will feel completely at home in Seattle too. This summer was so good for my soul. I am so excited and joyful about what is to come. I'm not just surviving, but I am living. It's been an incredibly busy month so far getting ready for all this year will hold, but school has started and we are ready to take it on!
Milo is just getting so big and so fun.

Ella helping me get ready for a girls night out...she said she can't wait to come to girls nights with me when she's a grown up too. Me too Ella, me too!
super luca devouring birthday cupcakes...
boo face being all cute and stuff...





Luca at Little Feats open house! He is in pre-k this year and is so excited to be the big kid who gets to go upstairs to go to class :) This is Lori, "Mrs. L" and Luca was happy to see her because she goes to our church and she teaches his class! How fun!
However, meeting Ms. Wendy wasn't as "comfortable" haha. This is actually his designated teacher for his group and he wasn't so sure about her from the beginning :) This is the best I could get. Such an honest moment...so cute! 
On the first day he walked up to his class room door. He looked in and said, "mama, can you just tell me where to go?" And without looking back he just walked right in so big and brave. I had to tackle him to hug me before he went all the way in his room :)

Ella started first grade this year! She got in a class with her little friends and is off to a great start! Her teacher's name is Ms. Smart. Ella is very concerned about the amount of rules in first grade :) I assured her she's a good girl and she could handle it and that it would help her have a great year! On the first day, she wanted to wear her purple glasses to establish her fashion trend early because "some people were confused when I just started wearing fashion glasses in the middle of kindergarten." That girl :) On the first day, I could tell she felt confident and comfortable being in class with Abby, Maddie and Elena. She marched right in and waved for us to go! So happy!
Also, she wanted to wear her cat sweater because she likes cats :) She says she's going to have a lot of them when she has her own house since Daddy and I are allergic haha. Crazy cat lady in the making right here... (she meowed for the camera)

First playdate of the school year. They were SO SO excited to pick up right where they left off. I'm so happy they got in the same class again. I have a picture just like this from last year!

I mean does it get any cuter than this? Red cowboy boots to jazz up her "boy color" navy spirit shirt. Here we are at the end of a great first week and getting her ready to attend her first sleepover birthday slumber party! Wish her me luck haha!
so proud of this girl...
Mr. Man has been super cranky this week...
handsome, yes...
but cranky.
And as it turns out, he ended up sick :-( Not sure what's going on yet, but hoping it doesn't last long. This is his first fever/illness other than a seasonal cold. He handles it about like his Daddy...and really most men for that matter :)


No comments: