Friday, May 23, 2014

Miss Ella

Ella has been rocking a rolling lately. During bike week at Whittier, she just decided she would ride her bike without training wheels. She came home on Monday afternoon and had mastered it! Nothing like a  little healthy competition with your peers you give you the little extra nerve to go for it ;) So proud of her!
Ella has really taken a motherly role with Milo lately. She was the most hesitant to add a baby to the family and although she has always loved him dearly, I can really tell she's fallen in love with him these past couple of months and melts for him. This trio is so sweet. I can't wait to see what these 3 do as they grow up and how they help, support and love each other along the way. I'm so happy they have each other.
Speaking of growing up...my girl. Ella. I just can't believe how much she's grown up this year in Kindergarten. I know from teaching first grade that next year will blow my mind even more. I'm having a hard time letting go of that baby girl. I know I don't really have to "let go". She will always be my tiny bald baby girl dolled up to the max in my mind. But days are going by and she has more fashion opinions. She's more reluctant to wear bows. She prefers skinny jeans and cool tops instead of frilly outfits. I have to say, she took to these things longer than I've seen most girls but not matter what, it's been hard for me to let her get older. I bought her 2 summer shirts the other day. She told me she felt so grown up. They were just fun neon tank tops with elephants and fun stuff on them. They were very girly but not foo foo. I may or may not have teared up. I know she still has plenty of "little" left in her so I'm cherishing the past, embracing the present and working on getting excited about the future ;) Girls are fun and girls just wanna have fun...especially my bright, animated, spirited party girl. My Ella Bella! 

Goofy girl. Life of the party. 
And speaking of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...Mike's favorite movie thanks to his big sis Dee Dee :-) He was so excited to introduce it to Ella last Friday for family movie night :) As you can see she was glued. She's been "80s dancing" every since and told me the other day she wanted to be on DTV (dance TV) haha. A girl can dream!
Finally, I leave you with my daily shower buddiesI have to say, with my realization that Ella is growing up fast and won't always be itty bitty, I am no longer annoyed to shower with 18,000 mermaids or the fact that she used all of my good body wash to make magic potions for her fairies. I'm going to let her be little. I'm going to let her grow up (at the right pace of course!) and I'm going to love current moments because someday I'll miss these mermaids in my shower, all of the "nature" (i.e. rocks, trash and dead flowers) she's collected to make fairy homes in her rooms and I'll wish that jeans vs. tutus were my biggest wardrobe issues with her :)
Sugar, spice and all things nice...that's what little girls are made of!




No comments: