Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mostly Milo

Ella and Luca are still here and better than ever! The blog at this point with a constantly growing and changing newborn is mostly Milo! I just ordered our blog book from 2013 and feel so happy to have all of these moments documented in a little book I can pull out at anytime. 

Milo wins the sleepy baby award...
 Peek a boo! I see tiny tootsies!

 There is truly nothing better than snuggling a squishy sleepy newborn baby. It soothes the soul. 
 I think this picture is so cute...Milo's fuzzy wuzzy head and his seriously unamused face. It's all pretty adorable...if only we could crop our Mike's hairy leg haha.
 Rocking the baby legs. 
His skinny legs have chunked up just enough to wear them!
 streeeeetch!
 ok mommy hold me now...
 early morning snuggles! Milo has been sleeping pretty good at night. Some nights he still eats every 3 hours but we are sneaking in some 4 hour stretches and even have had a couple 5 and 6 hour stretches on nights where we give him a bedtime bottle instead of nursing.

 right after eating he is almost comatose. so cute. 
 Mike and I are figuring out how to still spend some QT together with 3 kids including a newborn. On Tuesday morning, Ella and Luca were both at school so he took me (and Milo) out to a little breakfast date! This is an adorable little cafe just a couple blocks down from our house. Milo slept and we got to eat delicious food and just talk! What is funny is that we felt like we were on a vacation being out for an hour or so with "just" a newborn. We laughed at how frantic we were after we had Ella and how hard we thought it was to go anywhere. Perspective :) 
 and getting out of the house for a morning date means I actually did my make up and hair which means I had to take a selfie. Most pictures of me these days are from the neck down haha. 
I found this picture the other day. A friend posted it on facebook. You know why I love it? Because this is where Mike proposed! Seeing this picture just took me back. It seems like a lifetime ago...not because it's actually been that long, but because we've lived a lot of life in a short period of time! Its been a whirlwind of an adventure from the moment I said YES! I just didn't have a clue what God had in store for me from that moment forward. How could I have known? I could only imagine. Looking back on this picture takes me back to the beginning which makes me remember how far we've come and what all we've been through and I feel so blessed. It's a beautiful life I have with Michael P ;)

 We've had a few really hard days with gas/reflux...not sure which one or maybe both. I've taken dairy from my diet and it seems to be helping. This day in particular, he didn't want to be anywhere but in his mama's arms. That's usually where he is most days anyway! But I actually had some things to get done on this day so I had a good balance of this...
and this :) 
 We got so tickled this night because our usual snuggly baby that likes to be closely cradled and swaddled wanted none of it that night. He wanted this! He just looked at Mike and around the room totally happy as long as he was dangling!
 Sleepy guy in his standard sleeping position. Right arm tucked in and left arm by face...
 Ella is into all things mermaid these days. Mermaid barbies, mermaid movies...and she even becomes a mermaid in the bathtub! It's amazing. Here she is using her tutu as mermaid fins and flopping around the living room floor. I love her creativity and imagination. She's absolutely magical.
 funny Pippa...spooning with Mike in the middle of the night :)
 and here we are on a cloudy Sunday morning! Milo was up more than usual last night and I'm fighting a cold so we are staying back from church. He's catching up on some zzzz's and I'm taking it easy.
Milo you were 6 weeks old yesterday!
We love you more everyday!
Such a serious little guy <3 p="">

No comments: