Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kindergarten Pumpkin Patch Field Trip!

This year, Ella's kindergarten field trip was to the Pumpkin Farm in Snohomish. It. Was. Awesome!!! I've been to many pumpkin patches in my day and this one was up there. Living in the city means you have to drive a bit to these types of things, but it was worth the drive (in the car). Mike might tell you otherwise because he was on the bus hehe. Anyway, it was beautiful country. Never seen anything like it! Ella was most excited about the bus ride. She's been wanting to ride a school bus for years now!
I drove up with a mommy friend in the car with our boys. Luca got to come too! First thing was first...I warmed up with the best apple cider I've ever had and got mike a large coffee to recover from the bus ride :-) An hour long bus ride with a bazillion kindergarteners is no place for an 8 1/2 month pregnant mama and Mike was happy to oblige. I've gone on many of field trips in my day with little ones and I knew better! Mike on the other hand? It was definitely a learning experience! My favorite part was watching him pack a book and his ipad mini for reading material on the bus ;) I don't think he got much reading done!  He was however flustered and car sick. 
just waiting on the kinder kids!
The first thing we did when we got there was take a hay ride to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins!
aww :)


it was about this time that Mike and I had realized what we had gotten ourselves into! Mike was bus sick and was realizing that a field trip as a chaperone isn't quite how he remembered field trips as a child. Me being just so very pregnant. And the kids, well, they were super excited! This is, after all, their first field trip EVER!!! 

On our hay ride, we arrived at the pumpkin patch! All the kids got to pick their very own pumpkin to take home.



A funny side story: later in the evening at dinner, we were talking about our favorite parts of the field trip. Luca's was the hay ride and Ella's was the pig show. I told them my favorite part was the pumpkin patch. Ella said that part stressed her out and made her nervous because her group was running in 4 different directions and she couldn't keep up with them all and she wanted to make sure no one got lost :-) I told her that she didn't have to worry and that that was why mommy and daddy were there. All she had to do was have fun! She's going to be a great mommy some day and I wouldn't even be surprised if she decided to be a teacher...that is if the singer thing doesn't work out ;)
After the pumpkin patch, we got to play in a big barn with a hay maze and super slick slide that basically sent all the kids flying through the air.
going through the maze!
After the playing in the barn we got to visit the animals. I had to take a picture of this pig because I felt about how it looked!

We watched a LIVE show of the three little pigs with real pigs!
My cute lil pumpkin. 
We watched the duck races too! Ella was rooting for this little white duck and he won!
On your mark, get set, GO!
And they're off!
Miss Harrington's kindergarten class 2013!
 silly pumpkins!
I just love her...

Later that evening, we took our pumpkins from the patch and used the kits that Nana B mailed us in our halloween goodie box to decorate our pumpkins!
Halloween goodies!
Decorating pumpkins!
I got so cracked up at these two decorating their pumpkins. Ella had to look at the picture to make sure she did it exactly right and followed every single step. Luca's is actually a pirate, but he just had fun sticking the parts on anywhere and everywhere! Ella takes after her mama and Luca takes after his daddy :-) Can't wait to find out what kind of pumpkin Milo will make!

No comments: