Saturday, April 20, 2013

Welcome to Seattle


6 years, 5 homes , 4 jobs, 3 states 2 kids and  1 dog later…we are in SEATTLE!!!

We took this picture just a couple days before we left. 
We moved to Texas as a family of two. Now look at us! 
Goodbye Texas!
You know what I love? This is my first home when I was a little girl...I loved this home. Still do.
Doesn't it look very similar to our new home in Seattle? I love it!

My amazing mom was here last weekend to help us move in. We have a lot of room, but not a lot of closet space so it was a bit of a challenge! But we solved the jigsaw puzzle and made it work once again! She left on Monday and I was lost. I have no idea what to do or where to go. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to get there! So for the first part of the week we (the kids and I) stayed huddled up in the house and just got cozy in our new home. I enjoyed lots of couch time after all the moving.


 
We've tried to take an outing every day to a nearby park. There are plenty to choose from! I've seen some beautiful places, but don't have pics yet. We took Ella to her future school playground where she will attend kindergarten in the fall! What I wouldn't do to have this house next to the school to look over my little girl every day. I could would totally sit at that top floor sipping coffee and keep watch over the playground :) kidding. not really. 
 Our future Whittier Wildcat!
 On Friday we had a Friday Family Funday. Daddy was with us so we were able to get out and about to Explore our little part of Seattle. It was a super rainy day, but we got out and played anyway!
 We started off the morning with breakfast from Fat Hen...a Ballard restaurant around the corner from our house.
 
Then we hit up Market Street in our neighborhood. 
We took the kids to Cupcake Royale and visited many of the little shops... 


Then we went to buy some records for the home at Bop Street Records on Market Street. Pretty awesome. Mike and I went for some jazz records and Ella picked out Sleeping Beauty :) 
 Later that day it was naps, moving watching, dinner and cookie baking...to the tunes of our new Sleeping Beauty vinyl :) All in all a pretty great day!

No comments: