Sunday, September 25, 2011

new beginnings


This is a season of new beginnings for our family. We've been through quite a few stressful events lately in every single aspect of our lives. We are at the end of it all (I think) and we are seeing healing and the light at the end of the tunnel and we are better because of it, but we still have some really hard days. Most people know some of the things we've been through and very few know everything. It really doesn't even matter. I can't quite explain this season, but the best way I know how is this...as soon as we felt like we had hit rock bottom and the only place to go was up, the floor would fall out from underneath us again and we would have to redefine what rock bottom was. We have seen some of our darkest days lately. One thing after the other. It's been trying and exhausting and scary. So we have turned over a new leaf declaring the start of this school year as a new beginning leaving the shenanigans (and the fear, anger, stress, sadness it brings) behind us. I know it has purpose and meaning in our lives. I know that God is working on many things. I haven't been able to find comfort in this the whole time, but now I'm seeing it. I have to admit, I struggle with anxiously waiting for the next ball to drop. I feel as though if I were to step outside during a storm, I would be the one lightening would strike haha. No but really, we are settling down and getting some of the wind back in our sails. With the healing has also come many blessings to us individually and to our marriage and family. I know this season of our life has purpose and is leading to wonderful things. We've had glimpses of it! But wow, it's been tough. Some of our new beginnings are firsts for our family, and the rest is just a life with a new perspective and appreciation---and maybe a little less naivety :) which oddly enough brings more happiness and joy to knowing and understanding how truly blessed we are. I know what is important. I know who is important. I have a much better discretion of the things that deserve my time, worry, attention and care. Here is what I do know...absolutely nothing can steal the joy I get from my little lovelies!!! 

So here's what we've been up to lately! We have been everywhere doing a little bit of everything! Birthday parties, outings, friends, service projects in the community, school, crafting, decorating, visits from family and wishing in the fall season :)
We've just been laying low lately and taking it easy. We've eased into another school year and Ella and I are off to a wonderful start! It's been a super easy beginning to this year, probably the easiest yet. Ella has settled in too and is loving it. I think we have all found our stride and are ready to shake things up with the approaching holiday season!
my favorite little dude rocking his fedora :) isn't he darling? thank you Aunt Tesha and Uncle David!

Ok I'll start us off with Ella's first solo go kart ride! She rocked it :) and by "rocking it" I mean she didn't cry which was a shocker to us all. I was so proud! She tried something new and didn't cry! As wild as she is, she's been a little skiddish lately :) 
However she drove so slow that her go kart was literally squeaking when she turned the wheel. If you listen closely you can hear it...hahaha
video
count how many seconds it takes my pokey princess to stroll across the screen on her go cart :) 
video

 party on wayne!
 my two favorite guys...this is one of my top 10 favorite pics because here are the two men i love the most looking like little clones! ella is looking a lot like her daddy too these days, as always!
him in all his cuteness. 

ella and layla, on layla's birthday. little sweeties :)

ta ta for now!

No comments: