Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pink Hearts Fund


On Friday, I donated two 12" ponytails to the Pink Hearts Fund. The Pink Hearts Fund is an amazing organization that makes wigs for adults and children who have completely lost their hair, have radiation burns, or have even just lost a little hair. The best part is, they give their wigs away for free. Cancer has hit too close to home for my family this year, so I was so excited to be a part of this day at my school. It has taken place every year since I've been working here, but it has a whole new meaning and importance to me now. When something as ugly as cancer strikes in your family, you go through it together as a family. So we did this together...even little Luca. And we participated in helping those with cancer in some way together. So this one is for YOU Granny! We love you!!!

We started the morning off with pink donuts for pink hearts day :)


Before...


During...


After!



It was a very special day to be able to do this and make a difference and speak out against cancer in some way. It is such an ugly disease and it is so difficult watch someone you love so deeply have to battle it when there is nothing you can do. But cutting off my long locks is something I CAN do!

You can click HERE to see the news footage.

No comments: