Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's a...


BOY!!!
A baby brother for Ella! Our lives have been filled with all things pink and we are ready to add in some blue! We are so excited to know what we are having so we can give him a name and prepare for his arrival. He was a shy little guy yesterday :) He stayed all curled up with his little legs tucked under his bottom and his arms all curled up by his face. After A LOT of poking and prodding, he opened up for a few seconds to reveal his identity!

Hello there!
I'm excited about a lot of things...I'm excited to experience a whole new world that I don't even know yet...just like when I had Ella. I've heard little boys are VERY different :) I'm excited that Ella still gets to be my only little girl. I've heard that little boys loooove their mommies and I am excited to have a mommas boy. I am not a tomboy in any way, shape, form, or fashion, and I don't know a lot about boys...ok I don't know anything at all :) So I am a little nervous, but I'm going to take it on full force and dive in and do it right! I'll work up to the bugs and dirt but for now I think I'm going to start with the wardrobe!!!

For all of you who say that there are not cute boy clothes out there...I'm out to prove you wrong! You may have to look a little harder but there are some ADORABLE little things out there. My dear friend Elise, A.K.A. "Aunt Elise" (and Uncle Mike and Lucy) bought this for the little lad as a congratulatory gift, along with some trumpet booties and an adorable little sign for his room. Too sweet!!!
So here we are...4 Months!
The baby book says that he is about the size of a turnip, 5 inches long from crown to rump and weighing in at about 5 oz...which does not explain at all where all this weight is coming from! However, my doctor says that he is measuring a week ahead of time, he is 7 oz, and he is going to be a big baby...awesome :)



The turnip is a little scary looking so I had to include a picture of what he really looks like right now for a better mental picture :0) So amazing!This week, he is working on accumulating body fat, which must be what's causing me to eat like a grown man. Pretty sure I could wipe out a buffet in one sitting! He can see light and hear outside the womb. I'm sure what he hears the most is all of the noises his big sister is making! Ella pretty much sings all of the time so this baby may be born ready to rock!

2 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

Amber, I'm Marci's sister and I came across your blog via hers...
Just wanted to tell you congrats on baby #2 and YAY! for boys! And now Joshua can have a buddy too! :)

Taylor said...

Congratulations!! You are so lucky to have a boy and a girl! I can't wait to see all the cute nursery decorations and tiny boys clothes!!! You look fabulous too!! So happy for you guys!