Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer is HERE!!!

There is a reason teachers have summer breaks! I love what I do but it definitely calls for an extended break every now and then to refresh, re-energize, and maintain sanity. It is hard for a teacher to invest so much in their students every single day, and then just send them off to someone else the next year. Especially being  a first grade teacher because I get to watch them grow from babies to kids and I get to be a part of it. That and the fact that the best principal in the world has retired and will be leaving Lakeside made it a very emotional end to a hard year but I am very excited about what the next year may bring as well and am ready for a few changes!

SO...now that we have caught up on that, let's get to the good stuff ;) We are barely into summer break but we have kicked it into instant party mode. This is Ella at the school one day. She brought me McDonalds for lunch to fuel me for all of the packing up!


It should be noted that Daddy picked out Ella's outfit! He was so meant to be the Daddy of a little girl...painting her toenails, picking out cute outfits, the way he loves on her...she is one lucky girl and will have a hard time finding any man who will love her like her Daddy does. Sounds good to me!

One of our summer goals was potty training and as cute as this is....
I have decided to wait until July. One, Ella and I are going through a bit of an adjustment period together :0) Should I explain? Ok! Basically, it's the "lets see just how much I can get away with when I am with Mommy (but not with Nit or Daddy or anyone else) because I know she'll eventually cave if I am pitiful enough". Got it? This had started a good month ago but has has gone to a new level since I have been at home with her. It is getting better but I think waiting until we "monitor and adjust and work it out" would make potty training life easier on ALL  of us :)
 
This video pretty much sums it up. Even though she loves the potty and hates her diapers and tells me when she needs to go, we have to get past the whole defiance thing when it comes to Mommy!
We also went to Kate's birthday party...she turned ONE!!! If you didn't know us and were just looking at Mommy and baby's hair, you wouldn't think that we were not holding our own babies!

And this morning was our first gymnastics lesson...this is a good time to catch you up on Ella's new vocabulary!
gymnastics = "na-ic"
color = "co-o"
Dora = "dowa....dowa dowa dowa!!!"
oh man = "o mah"
alright = "aw wi"

And here she is saying, "Mommy lets go already" and it sounded something like this..."wwwaaaaaaahhhhh!!"

She LOVED "na ics"! And so did I...super fun for Mommy's too!


We are taking our class with our friend's Jack and Lucy. This is Ella and Lucy.


Ella had her own floor routine that was much different than the one that the instructor was coaching but this did not surprise me one bit. I mentally prepared myself for this as I am getting more accustomed to her "toddlerhood." I was actually expecting it and have learned to just go with the flow, welcome it, and have fun with it! Anyone who really knows me will not be surprised when I say that I thrive on structure and organization! I'm a first grade teacher for crying out loud and I was just born to follow the rules! Let's just say toddlerhood has rocked my world a bit. Even though it has been an adjustment for me, I have to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her little spunky twist that she puts on EVERYTHING we do. We frequently make scenes and have many crazy moments during the day but there is never a dull moment with us :) If you look very closely, you can see the Mommy (my friend Kyndi) and Lucy on the left side. As the other children let their mommies guide them into imaginary play with the foam cube like it was a jack in the box or a drum as they followed the lyrics to the relaxing music that was playing and then doing stretches and making butterflies, my Ella was acting out her own version which included a lot of bouncing on the cube, throwing the cube, jumping in circles, and dancey dances :0)
 That's my girl!
This was Ella's favorite...made me a little nervous the first time but of course the nerve racking activity would be her fave. She held onto the rope like Tarzan and then swung out into the sea of foam and just let go and fell!
This would be my my little precious sticking out her tounge at the instructor when she was trying to get her to come back! I can interpret this one to..."nanny nanny boo boo come and get me"! I'm not quite sure where she learned this one. Is it bad that I think it is super cute? I'll give her until she's 2 and then we'll try to cut it out :)



We rolled down mats and practiced our summersaults...




And then got our stickers and stamps...time for lunch!

And tomorrow is Mommy and Daddy's 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! We are so blessed to have each other and our ever so precious girly girl full of spunk, sweetness, and spice. She is our sunshine and has blessed our marriage so much with her timely entrance! She quickly came about into our world not too long after we were married and it has been so sweet to go through changes, transitions, trials, and triumphs as a little family. And thank you to a wonderful husband and daddy who knows just how to hang with the girls and take good care of his little ladies. We love you!

1 comment:

Brooks said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the gymnastics outfit Ella has on. She is one spunky cute girl :o)