Tuesday, May 26, 2009

la la land 09

Get your game face on because this  post is about as long as the state of California itself but I promise not to talk too much so you can enjoy the pics. All I'm gonna say is that our trip to LA was perfect. It was a great get away for me and Mike, a beautiful wedding, and some good family time. It was endless parties, events, eating, and fun! The weather was amazing...good times were had...the traveling was fine...it was a flawless trip and we are so refreshed :0)
Neither one of the sisters in law could make it so I got to hang with the boys this trip. 
The first night we went to Venice Beach to check out Brad's area and then we went to a HUGE MANSION that Ashley's parents rented for the week for a welcome to LA dinner...me and my mother in law enjoying the famous peanut brittle!
We ate like kings and queens the whole trip so we did a lot of walking along the marina where our hotel was...


This is the rehearsal dinner on top of a super cool hotel called Shade...

Grandmama and her babies!

We rode bikes along the beach and have I mentioned that the weather was perfect?!?! Absolutely beautiful...I'm not quite as smooth on my biking skills as I was when I was 6. I almost took out an old lady getting started and I did take out a pier somewhere along the way AND managed to get my pant leg caught in the chains which almost resulted in a catastrophe until my hubby and bro caught up to rescue me!




We had our first very first pinkberry...and our second....I'm not gonna lie, I had my 3rd as well :0) When in Rome, right?!?!
And here is the beautiful wedding...



yum!








The last day we went to Hollywood and went to the Chinese Theater place...


We found Jesus...

This is the whole gang minus Brad and Ashley (the bride and groom) and Sharon (mother of the groom)...

All the ladies...
We went up through the Hollywood Hills...





If you're looking at this picture and don't know what it is...I'm not sure we can be friends. It's the hotel where pretty woman is rescued by her prince/gentleman caller...classic! 

This is for all you Hills fans...if you don't watch it then you won't care...
In Beveryly Hills we saw...
ELVIS' HOUSE!!! Notice the lipstick marks on his address marker...
This is the green gate that has the original etchings of people's names and numbers and messages from people way back in the day...
and all over his brick gate...

Dr. Phil's house...

Michael Jackson's house...I know he is weird but I am and always have been a HUGE FAN!!!
This is Michael Jackson's gate...yes, he still has his Christmas wreaths hanging up!
Then in Bel Air we saw...
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air house...
Nancy Reagan's estate...actually, it is so private you could only see trees, gates, and brick walls :)
Elizabeth Taylor...she's having some yard work done :0)
And Aaron Spelling's estate...it was about the size of all of these homes put together...I swear...it went on for a mile!
A lot of my pics were hard to see but just to name a few more homes we saw...Bob Barker, Courtney Cox (and her car was parked in the front and she was home!), Madonna (another one of my faves), Whitney Houston and Richard Gere (neighbors), Lucielle Ball, Ringo Star, Nicholas Cage, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, and many more! I have to admit, I kept my cool but I got a little star struck :0) This was the perfect day to get out and go crazy because it was the last day and missing my baby started to become painful! It's good to be back home with Baby Ella :0)

No comments: