Thursday, January 15, 2009

We're Moving!!

Yep that's right! It is a little sooner than we expected, but a blessing came about and we came across a really great situation that fit our needs and just happened to work out! Our apartment was the first place that felt like home after leaving home to move to Texas, and it is the place that we brought our first baby home to so needless to say, no matter how squished we are, it is a little sad leaving. We are not ready to buy a house and won't be until Mike graduates from seminary so we leased a house! We figured this will be a great way to "ease" us into all of the homeowner responsibilities. Our house is in Coppell which is a GREAT area. It is a suburb and has a smaller town community feel. Here are the things I am most excited about...
Friends; If I'm still working when Ella goes to kindergarten, her neighborhood friends will also be her school friends which wouldn't happen if we were commuting; And if I'm not still working when Ella goes to school, she will still get to go to Coppell schools which are INCREDIBLE if I do say so myself!!; No 20 minute commutes on an interstate for simple play dates!
1800 SQUARE FEET!!!!; I drive 3 minutes to school which means more sleep in the morning and getting home sooner :) I drive a total of 3 hours to and from school on the weekdays :(;
A backyard for Ella and a park and a duck pond down the street; A community feel where everyone knows everyone's business and you can't go to the grocery store without seeing someone you know as opposed to a big city feel. I've come to appreciate all of the small town stuff; Saving a great amount of money on toll tags and storage units; Still being easily accessible to all of the fun shops and food.
Anyway, the list goes on...we have wonderful people that we know and trust that own the house. They have a super smart 2nd grader (that just happened to be in my class for a while last year) haha! There is an extra room for guests and for another baby eventually. So we have one more week in our apartment and then we are on to our next adventure and ready to make more memories! 

3 comments:

My name is Megan... said...

Your daughter is so cute! Congrats on the exciting news :)

Lil Miss K's Mommy said...

Hi! You don't know me, I randomly found your blog and I promise I'm not a stalker, haha. Your sweet little girl caught my eye. Well, I am a baby bow-a-holic and as I can see you seem to be as well. Do you mind sharing with me where you find yours? I also just noticed you are in our area. We live in the Flower Mound "area". Congrats on the house and Ella is just adorable!!!
Thanks for your help!
~Lisa

Taylor, The Queen's Momma said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! I know you are going to have so much fun in your new house... Sounds like life is good for you! I am so glad! Hope to see you next time you are in Faytown! love ya!