Sunday, November 30, 2008

Uh Oh...Spaghettio!


I don't even know where to start. To say the least, Mike and I are so enamored over our little girl to the point that we are no stronger than putty because she's so darn cute...even when she's being bad!! We are so in love with her and all of her cute little ways that are surfacing that we are down right goofy. As long as she is buttering us up as much as she does now, she will probably get whatever she wants from Mike and I if we don't get ahold of ourselves soon! It seems like since the day she turned one, we see a new dimension of her personality every day. I can't name them all but I can share a couple of my favorites. On our trip to Arkansas this week, my parents kept Ella for Mike and I so we could go on a long overdue date :) That night, Ella started to repeat her Papa Bo. When she said "uh oh" he would finish off with "uh oh spaghettio". Ella picked it up and has been saying it every day since that night. Obviously, "spaghettio" sounds more like, "thipitiko" but that makes it even cuter! Tonight when I was rocking her to sleep (after she had been in her crib an hour past bed time laughing at herself) and her eyes would roll back and then they would pop open and she would give me her cheesy little grin. So, I just closed my eyes and looked the other way because I could help but to laugh at her and I was trying to be serious! SO...she took my face with both hands and turned it to face her and she said, "uh oh, thipitiko"! DARLING! My other new favorite thing is when she starts to cry for "fit throwing purposes" and Mike tells her no. She tries as hard as she can to be a good girl and stop crying but the little precious can hardly hold it in. She grips her mouth really tight which means she breaths incredibly hard through her nose b/c she is still crying. She tries to hold back all sounds and looks of crying and her sweet face freezes in a pout while she tries as hard as she can to stop. It melts our hearts every single time! I'm doing my best to catch it on video b/c it's pretty priceless :0) She can turn on the charm just like her Daddy! I hope Mike and I toughen up a little over the next few years b/c as of now, we are so smitten to the point that we are absolute mush over her!

This is my and Mike's date...it had to be documented since they are far and few between lately :)

So, we went home for Thanksgiving and spent the week in Arkansas. We our first family portraits taken, we Christmas shopped, and we just spent all the time we could with the fam!

Ella is such a snuggle bug. She cuddled her gift from Uncle Jeff and Aunt Kim for a few minutes before she would open it!



Rub a dub dub, three monkeys in the tub! This is Ella and her cousins, Jonah and Kenzie.

Pops took us on a wagon ride behind the mower around the land. Good times :)

Ella's mannerisms are more and more "big girl" every day. Today, she pulled her snow boots out of the closet and put her foot in my face so I would put them on her...so I did! 2 hours later, she still had them on b/c she got mad every time I tried to take them off. After 3 episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba, I turned on a little 90210 (yes I'm a big fan) for myself. Ella crawled out of my lap and sat on the other end of the couch like a big girl. She pulled the blanket off of the ottoman and draped it across her lap, then she crossed her little hands, and pulled the pottery barn kids magazine up to take a little look see! (You can see the mangled magazine on the couch beside her). She is a little sponge that seems to be soaking in every little expression that she sees. FYI...she still has her snow boots on under the blanket :0)

To see the rest of our Thanksgiving vacation pics and Ella's 13th month of life, just go to albums.phanfare.com/reading

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

The Cockrells said...

Seriously--your child should MODEL. She is SO beautiful and photogenic. Precious! Love it.

Kristen Ray said...

She is just ADORABLE!!!