Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Princess and Her Bush Baby at the Park



I took a half day off of work today to take Ella to the eye doctor for her clogged tear duct. We love the doctor's office...OR NOT! We appreciate our wonderful docto
r's but we seem to have to go visit them way to often! The good news, no surgery. The sad news, they did an outpatient procedure that involved sticking a wire down her tear duct to her nose (no sleepy meds, no pain meds, wide awake) so you can imagine the drama. When they brought her back to me, she was blood gushing from her eye and nose and I thought I was going to come unglued!! Can you imagine what she must have been thinking being strapped to a bed and having something shoved down your eye?!?! If she were able to eat people food, I would have taken her out for cookies and ice cream. I guess the doctor read my face as he was explaining it it me and advised that I not go in with him which was wise b/c I ended up in tears just listening in from the next room! My track record is not so good so far when it comes to "staying calm" with Ella in medical situations :0) The doctor was very calm like he does it everyday, which he does so maybe that's why. I guess I just wasn't really prepared for that. But I think it worked and hopefully her eye will clear up and that can be the end of that...whew! So we (me, Ella, and the bush baby) spent the rest of the day at the park laying on a blanket, eating snacks, and playing on the swings and slides. It was a beautiful day! 
Hello, anyone there?

No comments: