Monday, August 11, 2008

Good Times


I have been reminiscing lately over the last whirlwind of the 10 months that have flown by! It seems like just yesterday I was ginormously preggers moving to the sweltering heat of Texas in the middle of summer and then waddling my way around the school for the first 6 weeks before little Ella Avery made her way into the world. Then, we finished out the school year with the most precious little miracle that we have watched grow, bless our lives, and have enjoyed so much (sleepless nights, hospital runs, endless worrying, and all)!  Being a teacher, I keep up with the year's events according to the school calendar :0) So then summer break came and I'm not really sure what happened! All of that seems like just yesterday except for  this time, almost a year later, I am in the middle of the sweltering Texas heat again (but without my 40 lb fur coat strapped to my belly) and I am about to start school again, but I have a little baby who is not looking like a little baby anymore! A soon to be year has flown by and our tiny baby is almost a toddler all of the sudden! The time has gone by so fast. When I see what all has happened and how much has changed in just a year, it makes me excited to see what the next year holds because I know more precious times are to come. Sometimes I also get a little sad because it also means that first year of our new family, the first chapter in our big story is wrapping up (even though I know there are plenty more chapters to come)!! As soon as I get a little sad, Ella does something super cool and new and I can't wait for her to grow and do more!! Ok, I'll stop rambling...here are a few pictures of our not so baby looking baby...
Wooo pig souie! This is our future Arkansas Razorback (or Ouachita Tiger) but probably a RAZORBACK!!! sorry Mike ;-)   ~She knows what to do when the camera comes on!

Is it just me or does she look like a little mini Mike in these pictures :0)

Mommy's little snuggle bug...She's a cuddler!

Thanks Aunt D for my cool new toothbrushes! You're the best!

And this is what happens when you try to take one away...
Flock of Seagulls maybe?!?! Cute right?!?!

OH NO!!! One of Ella's new tricks! She know's to cover her face when something happens and we say oh no! My favorite is when she puts both hands over her head and gets a worried "oh no" look. I mean, who cares what she broke...how can you be made at that?!?!
And then to wrap up, I have to give a shout out to the best Nana in the world....WOOO HOOO!! Mom came this weekend to help me get my classroom back into shape. It was much easier this time because I had already been in there for a year and I wasn't 7 months pregnant trying to stand on chairs and tables :0) Even at that, there was PLENTY of work to do but with the help of Team Reading (Ella and Mike) and Nana, we got it done in 2 days and it looks fabulous. We really appreciate all of your help with the classroom and with Ella and everything else that you do! She obviously adores you and we all love your company:0) And as always thank you for taking care of us :0) We miss you already! (And thank you for "the outfit" that you bought Ella) haha

No comments: