Sunday, August 17, 2008

Busy Weekend


Almost back to school! We have spent a lot of family time and stay at home pajama days together this week before Mommy goes back to work and Daddy starts the fall semester of his 2nd year of seminary. It has been such a great summer. We also had a busy weekend! Ella had her first play date with two little twin boys. We saw friends, had dinner dates, went to church, and even shopped a little! Next week, I will start school and Ella will get to go to Nit's to see her friends Ava, Tia, and Zoe. Of course I'm not looking forward to leaving her but I am so lucky to have such a wonderful sitter that loves Ella and such a great school and friends to work with. It is about that time of year again and we are ready for it! Just like last year, it is going to be a great year with a lot of fun times to come :0)

We went to the half price bookstore (Daddy's version of heaven) to hang out and get out of the house. Come to find out, Ella, like her Daddy, LOVES books! She LOVED the books and was perfectly entertained just walking along the shelves and pulling a couple out here and there. Ella and I strolled over to the children's section to hang out so I could look at the children's books (my favorite :0)) She pulled one of the shelf and sat in the floor with it looking very intently at it. So while she was occupied, I browsed. I thought it was so cute and that I should just buy the book as a memory of her first trip to the bookstore. I thought for  sure she had picked out a book about princesses, pink puppy dogs, or maybe even fairies! When I walked over to see her "book of choice" I had to read it again to make sure I was seeing right. The book was called "Who Flung Dung?" Yes that's right! It was a children's book about monkeys. I couldn't help but to laugh a little. I still might go back and buy the book :0)

"Daddy, who flung dung?"







Ella Bella was not a happy camper at church today. She's in a great mood...she just wasn't too happy about going to the nursery this time! Some days are just mommy days right? Usually she'll cry for a minute and she's done by the time I am finished filling out her yellow slip. After the service and before class, I just felt like I needed to go check on her...as soon as I walked through the doors (college ministry is in a different building) I hear the cry of my whaling baby echoing through the halls (they sent her on a ride in the baby buggy to see if that would help calm her)...um no :0) She wasn't digging the big baby buggy ride this week. I felt so bad. Before she could see me, I could see her looking at all of the people walking through the hall and I could tell she had no clue what was going on or where her mommy and daddy were. I was all I could do not to run through the halls...but I refrained. So anyway, I came to her rescue and she got to go to class with us! All better!




What a big girl standing up all by herself!!



No comments: